Nike School to Swoosh EHQ - Brand Creative Styling Internship in Hilversum, Netherlands
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
• Respect for others, being proactive and deep appreciation for diversity and equity in the workplace. You embody Nike’s culture and embrace the maxims that it stands for.
• Good verbal and written communication in English.
• Proven ability to apply and perform design skills, such as drawing/sketching, mood board ideation and color theory
• Knowledge and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and fashion & sport style specifically
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English)
• Hardworking team player with a collaborative mindset and desire to learn
SCHOOL TO SWOOSH
• School To Swoosh is a new education incubator for innovation. This is about giving young talent the chance to propel the industry into exciting new dimensions, enriching it with new ways of thinking and setting new standards.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• You are the fashion icon of your group, the one they always go to when they’re looking for an outfit on a special occasion? If yes, you came to the right place.
• The role requires a passion for styling and fashion, focusing on how our products can drive storytelling, across innovation as-well as driving the modern look of sport. You will help execute our vision from Global guidelines as well as from insights from the EMEA region.
• You are good at styling concepts and creative thinking with an entrepreneurial mindset. You are aware of the Nike seasonal collections in which to draw inspiration from. You’re interested in few disciplines, fashion to visual merchandising, styling to the craft of making, and looking at trends within the marketplace.
• You are hardworking, well organized and enjoy finding creative solves whatever the challenge. A natural teammate with strong communication skills.
• You love being challenged by new projects and you are a great team player, you are both reliable and able to work independently and use your initiative.
• We are not looking for a spotless, impressive CV.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
• Working and gaining experiences across multiple projects to build knowledge around the different Nike consumer mindsets.
• Developing an understanding of the variations between Brand Defining, Consumer-Construct Defining and Member Defining work, learning how to be flexible and adapt your approach for each.
• Understanding the complexities of matrix navigation at Nike through working with multiple stakeholders, day-to-day touch points with the consumer direct & consumer construct teams, whilst working within a Brand Creative squad.
• Enhancing research and presentation skills as you conduct and communicate consumer trend research, and seasonal styling proposals to various internal / external audiences and work with the Brand Creative Stylist to develop your own creative process.
• Working hands on with future season samples, to better understand the product dimensions and how to manage the logistics of styling. Including ordering, packing, shipping, receiving and storing samples
• Gain experience supporting on campaign shoots, assisting both internal and external stylists with sample and wardrobe management, fitting sessions, creating styling decks and on set styling.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be a creative member of the team reporting directly into the Brand Creative Stylist.
You will partner with the production and operations team to ensure that the styling direction on each project is delivered on time and to the level of quality expected at Nike. You will also partner with the experience teams where needed to make sure that the styling ethos is pulled together in a holistic way across all the consumer touchpoints including events and experiences where appropriate. You could also need to collaborate with agencies and other external stylists.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.