Nike COST & STANDARDS ENGINEER MANAGER in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
WHAT YOU BRING
• Bachelor's degree with a focus in Engineering, Business Management or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience including Engineering, Development, Automation, Lean, Manufacturing, Product Costing preferred. Related disciplines also acceptable
• Proficient/advanced knowledge of footwear construction, manufacturing, innovation, costing, and global business management; experience with footwear supply chain preferred
• Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented, and work productively in an environment of ambiguity
• A pragmatic thinker and creative problem solver, who will research and drive collective resolution on both structural framework and tactical costing issues
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong influencing, motivational and leadership skills
• High proficiency using MS Excel and PowerPoint, analytic and business reporting tools
• Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Nike Costing Framework (NCF) is a unique program within Global Sourcing and Manufacturing (GSM) that is revolutionizing footwear product costing across Nike Manufacturing Partners. NCF bridges Footwear Development, Planning, Sourcing and Manufacturing by developing a driver-based costing platform that provides actionable transparency to manufacturing costs. As a Cost & Standards Engineer Manager in GSM, you will ensure efficient and effective manufacturing at scale leveraging Nike best practices.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
• Work with Consumer Creation to inform, drive and facilitate decisions throughout the product creation process to deliver against product briefs and Nike’s profitability expectations.
• Work closely with Nike Development, Engineering, Planning, and Manufacturing Partners to actively manage cost drivers in the Bill of Labor and Bill of Materials. This includes detailed review/analysis of documentation and actual manufacturing processes for complete, accurate and optimized product costing.
• Provide guidance and influence costing and optimization discussions with Manufacturing Partners throughout all phases of creation and production based on data analytics.
• Contribute to the evolution of the Cost & Standards Engineering function in GSM by defining, socializing new processes and tools to drive competitive, sustainable and standardized costing for all products.
• Support the continuous improvement of Nike’s strategic costing framework including leading functional and program initiatives turning costing and manufacturing concepts into reality.
• Functional and management skills to lead and implement business priorities with Manufacturing Partner and Nike functional counterparts on NCF standards processes and adherence.
• Heads in developing short-term and long-term strategy for Cost & Standards Engineering team to deliver team success.
• Demonstrated skills at leading teams of highly qualified and specialized individuals with diverse expertise.
• Provide guidance and directions to team for prioritization to deliver business objectives and account for team performance.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This role will report to the PMO Footwear Cost & Standards Engineering Director. As Cost & Standards Engineer Manager, you will be working with Nike Partner Management Costing teams, Product Creation, Engineering, Planning, and Manufacturing Partners, etc. and also with NCF Standards Strategy & Ops team.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.