Nike MEDIA CATEGORY LEAD in Shanghai, China
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
A successful candidate for this role should be able to
• Demonstrate his/her expertise in category management with deep industry knowledge, solid analytical and financial skills,
abilities to penetrate business needs and create meaningful linkages, as well as the ability to turn insights into sourcing
strategies that drive total best values.
• Understand the purposes of different commercial agreements. Able to decide the most suitable commercial agreement with
proper deal structures and governing languages to protect Nike’s best interests and mitigate business risks in different
• Navigate proficiently in a matrixed environment. Purposefully manage up and down with flexible and efficient
communications. Build and influence relationships internally and externally with cross-functional diverse teams.
• Take ownership and accountabilities for the category he/her is responsible for. Proactively and innovatively translate
sourcing strategy into actionable sourcing projects. Lead projects with clear objective, goals, and timeline. Adjust quickly
and attains goals despite adverse circumstances.
• Familiar with common procurement systems and tools such as Coupa, Aravo, SAP, Conga, etc.
• [8-10] years’ relevant working experiences and min.5 years in category management is preferred
• Bachelor degree is a must. Advanced degree is preferred.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual
work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location,
or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the
edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing
diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing
skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.’s relentless pursuit of product innovation and sustainable growth demands bold new ways of doing business - including
supplier engagement. Stretching far beyond conventional sourcing, Nike Procurement secures the best supplier relationships to drive
business success. The team maximizes the value and reach of the company’s investments in external resources, including product
materials, marketing services, digital tools, temporary labor, high-tech manufacturing equipment and other products and services to
fuel business growth and sustainability.
At Nike Procurement, we are dedicated to revolutionizing how the world’s leading sports brand does business with its suppliers and
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We need a category lead for Media to join our Greater China and Asia Pacific Procurement Team located in Shanghai, China.
Procurement plays a critical role in supporting business growth, driving innovation, and mitigating risk through internal and external
partnerships. Our category leads are the key enablers. This category lead will be responsible for Brand Media, Performance media,
Market Research and Mar-tech categories. The capable category leads keep long-term strategic intents in mind, create meaningful
linkages between procurement goals and business objectives, bring the most suitable external solutions in, and gain sustainable
competitiveness advantages for our business.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
The Category Lead takes End-to-End responsibilities throughout the Plan-to-Pay journey for Brand Media, Performance media,
Market Research and Mar-tech category across Greater China and Asia Pacific, which includes
• Develop and execute sourcing strategies partnering with global/local procurement and stakeholder teams.
• Negotiate commercial agreements and mitigate risks.
• Manage supplier/agency relationships and ensure on time on quality services/goods deliveries
• Identify strategic sourcing opportunities and deliver sustainable saving pipelines.
• Cultivate strong relationships with business stakeholders and maximize sourcing influences.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
The Category Lead will report to GC/AP Marketing & Events Procurement Director. On the daily he/she will be supporting Media and
Insights & Analytics teams across all levels with a variety of working styles and culture backgrounds, as well as managing external
suppliers. He/She will partner closely with local and global procurement peers to land sourcing strategies and saving pipelines
through seamless source-to-pay operations.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.